The Vanguard has a new home, please update your bookmarks to davisvanguard.org

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Debate: Should the Vanguard Eliminate Anonymous Posts

I have received a lot of feedback in the last few weeks on the issue of anonymous posters. The chief problem is really that there are a lot of people who post under anonymous and therefore it is difficult of keeping track of each individual.

The alternative has some drawbacks. In order to eliminate the anonymous feature, I would have to require people to register with google in order to post. They would still be able to hide their identity. I would not know who was registered under what moniker. And I would lay out instructions for registering under a given moniker.

But before I do take that step, I would like a full discussion. And I am also putting it up in a poll. I will take this under advisement, I will not be bound by the results.