The Vanguard has a new home, please update your bookmarks to davisvanguard.org

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

OPEN THREAD: Davis to Sue Dixon over Racetrack

Davis Enterprise reporting the City of Davis is suing the City of Dixon over the Dixon Downs Racetrack.

I have all sorts of questions in my mind:

  • How much will the traffic impact us?
  • Does Davis have any say over what its regional neighbors do within their own boundaries?
  • Is suing a genuine gesture or are they trying to make a dramatic show?
I have no fully resolved these issues, so I'm curious about everyone take on this. I was against the development of the racetrack, but I'm concerned about the procedural and technical issues involved with one jurisdiction and another, but also the larger question about overlapping cost effects. Kind of an interesting issue as communities become more and more interdependent.